EnergyPlus

Welcome! Please add your suggestion below or vote on other ideas for improving EnergyPlus following the posted guidelines.

This website is exclusively for ideas and suggestions for the EnergyPlus simulation engine.

This site is NOT intended for:

To link a suggestion to an existing Unmet Hours question or GitHub issue, simply copy and paste the URL into the suggestion.

How can we improve EnergyPlus?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CHN_Hong.Kong.SAR.450070_CityUHK cannot be downloaded

CHN_Hong.Kong.SAR.450070_CityUHK weather file cannot be downloaded

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Admin →
  2. EPW Weather Data for Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Hi. I would like that Energyplus could ADD the epw. weather file for the city of Tegucigalpa, capital city of Honduras. Other cities are provided, but the capital city not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Admin →
  3. weather

Easy way to download all area weather files. EG All USA State files. At a minimum, allow to be able to download all state appropriate files in one shot. Much like ComCHECK, I am hoping this allows me to select a state, then city that would be appropriate

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Weather  ·  Admin →
  4. Adjustable Weather Files

Problem: Global conditions change with time but weather files are relatively static and are only updated periodically. Adjusting weather data thus requires the knowledge to modify weather files outside of EnergyPlus.

Rationale: Climate change is a major concern for many architects and engineers. Only those with the ability to modify the existing EnergyPlus weather files have the opportunity to investigate the potential effect that climate change might have on the future energy consumption of a building. Adding the ability to adjust weather files within EnergyPlus would open up new avenues of study to the entire EnergyPlus user base.

Solution: Add…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Sign in to suggest ideas, vote, or participate in polls for your favorite feature request!

Feedback and Knowledge Base